A couple of weeks ago we had hurricane winds here in Davis County. Trees were uprooted, fences and signs torn from the ground, and.... I hate to say it, but where this was a disaster for most, it was good luck for us. Brick's parents had a beautiful blue spruce, what they called their "Centennial Tree," in their front yard. Unfortunately for them, it was uprooted during the wind storm. Lucky for us, the top ten feet of the tree were undamaged.
Thus "Old Blue," our beautiful Christmas tree, was born. It has A LOT of character and a great back story. It even kept its pinecones. I chuckle every time I look at it.
This month Brick and I will have our 5th wedding anniversary. We were married 3 days before Christmas, and he gave me this ornament:
This fall when we were in Rothenberg, Germany, where bought this ornament:
We have shared so many great adventures together the last 5 years. Life is even better now than it was then, and we even still like eachother.
Another highlight of the month was Boston meeting Mr. and Mrs. Clause. He marched right up to the old guy's lap and reached for him. He looks slightly uncomfortable with the situation here, but don't let that fool you. He loved it!






No comments:
Post a Comment