Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Flashback

Brick and I have shared some very memorable Halloweens.
It's Brick's favorite holiday (which, I must say, is dang cute) and so we try to do something special every year. Whether it's eating candy, dressing up, painting Halloween ceramics, watching scary movies, or getting engaged :), we really like to take advantage of this time of year.
However, even before we met, it looks like we both knew how to party Halloween style. I found these old pictures from each of our childhoods, and it was especially fun to see what Brick dressed up as each Halloween.
Enjoy!



Baby Brick as Batman's (who was played by his big bro, Brandon) Sidekick, Robin.
He looks like he's about 3 years old. At this point I think he was done being Brandon's sidekick, so he took it another direction. Spiderman has never looked cuter!

I'm thinking this is about 3rd grade. This costume gets my vote.
This looks like it must be the stage when Brick really started
getting serious about Halloween costumes.

About 3 yrs old, I'm guessing. I'm the princess in the yellow dress. I also love the John Deere tractor in the background.

2nd grade: I'm not sure what I used for facepaint, but knowing my mom, it was something unconventional, and it looks like it probably didn't wash off for a few days.
3rd grade (maybe?): This costume was made out of my aunt's old prom dress.



6th grade: My mom sewed this costume the night of, and it turned out great. It was probably made out of old sheets or something, because I know we didn't go out to buy the material.


This is the Halloween of '06, and it was this Holiday together that we decided to get married.




Halloween '08 at Gardners Village.

I love the witches at Gardner Village. It's my favorite place to go each Halloween.



'08. Mine is the less creative one on the right. Brick loves carving pumpkins, so he did two.


Brick as Nacho Libre. At this point I had taken off my nun costume, but I was Encarnacion.
Don't you love the STRETCHY PANTS?


4 comments:

  1. HOW FUN! great flashback...where did you find all thsoe pictures?! I think I'm going to steal your idea and post some of Tra' and I as well...great idea! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute! I love looking at old pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a man who can wear stretchy pants in public says a lot about him!
    LOVE THE PICS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such an awesome post. I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete