1. How to change a tire
Ok, I learned this when I was like 14 and in young women's, by watching, but who wants to change a tire by themselves based on that? I just picture myself trying to change my own tire and then driving down the freeway, and Whoops! there it goes! Well, luckily this week when I got a flat tire at school, the flying-tire-on-the-freeway thing didn't happen, and Brick's friend happened to drive in to the gas station I was parked in (seething because of my bad luck), and became my good samaritan. How do all guys make this look so easy?!
2. How to do a Karate Kick
Our car window was broken this morning so that some jerk could steal my wallet. I just really wanted to beat someone up. Thus the karate.
3. How to Swear like a Sailor
When I told my brother about my car and wallet, he said, "Cuss a little. I know you probably did already." I replied that, oddly enough, I hadn't thought of that, but that it was a good idea. Mark Twain (I think it was him) observed that under trying circumstances swearing provides relief denied even by prayer (a favorite quote for at least three of my brothers). I must say, it really is true.
4. How to Sew Well
Brick needed a suit jacket fixed, and I didn't know how. So Brick decided to do it himself, and in the process cut a chunk out of the sleeve. I felt bad and wished I could have the courage to just fix all his clothes when he needs it...Plus, I watched a Project Runway marathon (to get rid of the depression of getting my wallet stolen) and it really made me wish I could be a sweet clothing designer.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh, Candice! So sorry about the wallet! Bad luck with car theft in that area lately. I wish I was there to karate kick that person for you!
ReplyDeletewow! i can't believe your car got broken into! what a meanie! and i would have said a lot of swear words... just ask dave!
ReplyDeleteDANG. I can't believe it...I can't believe you SWEAR LIKE SAILOR...I gotta hang around you more :) :) So sorry about the theft. Geez...you people live on the wrong side of the tracks!
ReplyDelete