Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Nursery in Progress...and other projects

Well I apoloigize yet again for the time it's taken me to update our blog. I promise we just ordered a new computer and are waiting for it as we speak.
We have been busily working on our biggest and most important project...growing a baby. I think we are making project, at least that's what his nighttime kicking sprees tell me. I am nearing the end of my second trimester and I've been feeling great. My sisters-in-law just threw me the cutest baby shower, so thanks to them and all my sweet friends who showed their support, just as they have through this whole pregnancy.
This picture is a couple weeks old. I think since then my baby bump has grown, but this is the only picture I have that shows it:

We've been working on the nursery little by little since we got the house. Brick found a really great deal on baby bedding and accessories, but it was a little plain, so I decided to give it a revamp. It started out like this:


...and it ended like this:

And this:




Tannie and I found these cute wall decorations and decided to make rockets the theme:


So I did and oil painting to match the theme and colors:



Another project (not baby related) we just finished is the reupholstering of this white bench:




...into a red bench:




This was actually Brick's idea. Not many people know how creative he is, but I would say between the two of us, he is way more right-brained. So I have to give credit where credit is due!


My parents just got home from their mission and my family is having a reunion here in Utah in a couple weeks, so I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about after the fact. So until then, adios!

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute Candice! And WOW to the oil painting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' cute! and youre SOOO talented, the painting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it all! and i can't believe you painted that!! wow:) good work!

    also, not only are you aren artist, but you can reupholster furniture too?

    we can't wait to hang out with yout two...

    -dave and linds

    ReplyDelete