In St. Johns I stayed with my mom and dad and just hung out talking, playing cards and just spending time with my parents. It had been a long time, so it was so good to get to have that one-on-one time together. I've never met anyone more selfless and giving than my parents, and it was good to have that reminder of how much I love them and I have to learn from them.

Most of my family had not yet had the pleasure of meeting the Boss Man, so it was fun to show the little stud off. This is my Grandpa Delbert trying to figure out what to do with the kid.

After St. Johns I travelled an hour to stay with my brother, Hansy and his family in the beautiful Pinetop Lakeside. We sat on our rears and ate rocky road icecream except the one day we ventured out of his house and our pj's to go feed the ducks. This is his sweet kid, Daxi, bravely feeding the geese straight out of his hand.

You can't help but notice his Dash costume, which he wore to Walmart, Taco Bell, and the lake. What a kid.


Boston was a little punk at Hansy's house. Granted he was sick and out of his element, but Dax had about had enough of his whining when he said, "Be quiet!" Thinking her little boy was smack talking her, his mom said, "What? Are you talking to me?" Dax replied, "No! Be quiet, THAT!" and pointed at Boston. I was kinda thinking the same thing...

Three of a kind


After Hansy's house, I drove with my dad four hours to Mesa to see my sister and brother and their family's for a week. While there I got to visit with my friend Cambria, who I've known since I was four and who I roomed with in college. We tried to go out to eat, made the mistake of taking the bitty boy along, and realized it was going to be impossible to finish eating when he had the whole restaurant glaring at us. The snow birds next to us kept saying, "Just give him his pacifier!" Thanks for the advice. I'll just file it away with some of the other useless advice I've recieved since becoming a mother to use, like, never.

This is my third oldest brother, Ammon. He and his wife took me and Boston on their date night to dinner and a movie at their house while I was in Mesa. His wife, Aria, also treated me to a chick flick and a root bear on a girls night out.

While I was in Mesa I stayed with my sister and her four kids. This is Taylor showing off his valentines. He even shared a sweet tart with me!

Jorgen was so sweet to Boston while we were there. He entertained him the whole time. What a sweet kid. Maybe he'll come live with me?

It's always a good time staying with my sis. We are so alike, and without fail we laugh until we cry every time we get together.
The best part of my trip was all the girl time we had. Like Esther and I, Hailee (Esther's 12 year-old daughter) knows what it's like to live in a boy house. That's why we just had to check her out of school one day for a day of boutiques, masks, food, and just plain girl fun.
And of course, there was a lot of Boston-Mommy bonding time. Even if he was sort of a pain in my rear the whole trip, he is still the coolest kid on the block. I think his daddy missed him more than me. I've been replaced, but I totally understand, because Boston is awesome.


See what I mean?




I loved having you come stay with me! Next time we need to ditch our two babies, right?! JK- all Boston has to do is flash me a smile and my heart melts like butter.
ReplyDelete