Monday, May 11, 2009

Grandma Maxine

TOP TEN THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT GRANDMA MAXINE...
1. Her stories
2. The beautiful things she has always loved making and surrounding herself with...quilts, butterflies, flowers.
3. Her cooking! Baked beans and sweet-potato pie that will knock the socks off of anything else on the Thanksgiving table!
4. Her smile...look at her, she's beautiful.
5. Her sense of humor...she's quite the tease, if you didn't know it.
6. The way she puts Grandpa Delbert in his place...especially when he tries to take her on at the gin rummy table. That's the only time you'll hear her swear is when she calls him a little sh** if he goes out too early.
7. How much she loves her old westerns.
8. The way she so lovingly talks about her dad
9. The way she always knows what you need when you are sick...usually golden seal will do the trick...if the taste doesn't kill you it will make you stronger.
And 10. She always has time to visit with her granddaughter...
Happy Birthday, to the sweetest Grandma around! We are glad you pulled through... You're strength is amazing! We love you even more than we did a year ago!



2 comments:

  1. Hey guys! I didn't know you had a blog! How fun. I am excited to read all and catch up! It looks so cute!
    We miss you guys.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Candice Noel,

    I'm thinking to myself, "Self, since Canice is prone to misplacing her cel phone, perhaps I can determine what the heck is going on in my little sister's life by reading about her on the freaking internet."

    Self thought it was a good idea.

    How cool you got to spend time with Grandma, and your top10 list is right on the money! If Grandma says s**t, can I use the word a**? Ok, good. One of my favorite memories is when I was, oh, 10 years old or so, and when Grandma said we should love everybody, I was a smart-ass and said (arms wrapped tightly around my own chest), "I LOVE ME."

    And she said, "Well, you should."

    Now, GET BACK TO YOUR LAUNDRY!
    --Kevn

    ReplyDelete