Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Look Out You Big Apple


I get to live in NYC for two months in a little studio apartment with my honey--just long enough to see most all there is to see, including a couple Broadway shows and China Town, but not so long that I permanently freeze my tootsie off or spend all our money on taxi cabs and hot dog venders (I don't know, isn't that what new yorkers spend all their mula on?). Aren't I one lucky gal? I think yeah.
Brick's new job is taking us to the big city, and neither of us have been there. Heck, until a three years ago I didn't even have a cell phone and had never driven on the freeway. It will be a big adventure for us country folk. We're leaving on the 18th and coming back March 26th. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for must sees (or should avoids) I would appreciate it a whole lot!
In my dreams I imagine it just like I'm Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail ("Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms"). Of course, I'm not Meg Ryan, we won't be there in the fall, and I already know the name and address of the most romantic guy (soon to be) in NYC. Nevertheless, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

I HEART NYC.

1 comment:

  1. Awww geee, a post from You've Got Mail...it doesn't get any better than that!! I sure hope you take lots of pictures and blog about them while you're there so I can live vicariously through you!!! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete