Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 in a Nutshell


I know this is a few days late, but the days are all blurring together now that I am done (WHAHOO) with school. We started the year off with a bang when we realized it was twenty minutes past midnight and we'd missed the countdown. Leave it up to Brick and I to start off a whole year late.

When asked what his biggest achievement was in 2009, Brick answered "Graduating!" I'd have to say the same thing for myself. I've learned a lot since 2008... I learned that Uggs, while really and truly ugly, are an essential in Utah. I learned that my husband is a saint and that I am not...along those lines I learned that I should never mock emotional girls because I can now empathize. I learned that with an increase of online homework comes even more chances for procrastination (I typed many a blog when I should have been typing an eight-page paper). I learned that nothing can replace a sister's friendship and understanding. I also learned that college has greatly increased my chances of winning an argument with the hubby. Hee hee. And he footed the bill...The joke's on him.
This past year has flown by in a whirl of trips to Arizona, Texas, California, and Hawaii, tests and graduations, loss and gain, and (I hope) a whole lot of growth. I told Brick a while back that I couldn't wait for the year to be over so I could move on past all that happened in the last few months, but now, in retrospect, I have to say that overall it was a really good year.

SO, Happy Late New Year, and here's to my New Year's Resolution:
No more Procrastinating.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you could get a better picture! you are gorgeous and look so happy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great post. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete