Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lady Liberty and other Touristy Attractions

Brick and I have been the worst tourists ever. We finally got around to seeing the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island last Saturday, though, and I think we both kinda decided we're done with museums, because we get too tired to get our money's worth when it comes to these HUGE NYC museums. They seriously sap all your energy! Anyways, here are probably more pictures of the Statue of Liberty than you ever wanted to see!
Hope they make you feel very patriotic!






Ellis Island was really inspiring. We listened to voice recordings of actual immigrants who experienced the place first hand, saw old passports, and read accounts about the ones who had to be sent back or stick around on the island because of illness. The main building is really beautiful, and you can just feel all the history that has passed through it.

On the ferry ride over the Hudson we froze our faces off. It was so cold, but below the deck it reeked of B.O. and hotdogs, and we prefered not throwing up on the ride over, so we stuck it out above deck.

The Statue of Liberty really is beautiful, especially when you think about what it means, and meant to those coming over for the first time to make a new life for themselves.



Happy March Everyone, and look our for more adventures to come!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post and great pictures. I can't believe your New York City Adventure is already winding down. Boy, can't wait to see you guys again! Candice, the e-mail address I have for you isn't working. Will you e-mail me at kimber@photobykimber.com? I want to know the # of your hair color :) (Dare I???)

    Oh! And I LOVE the new look of your blog!!! SOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy-o, I have to say I'm just a bit jealous. Although I tend to get dazed -my eyes glass over a bit- when I spend too much time at museums and galleries, I think to stand at the foot of Lady Liberty would be rather awesome. Thanks for drinking it in for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures you took! They look great. Looks like you guys have been having fun!

    ReplyDelete