Springtime has finally arrived, and THANK GOODNESS! You'd think by now I'd be used to the crazy changing weather around here, where one morning you wake up to sunshine and by afternoon it's blustery and raining (or worse, Snowing!). But I shouldn't complain on a beautiful day like this, when I've been spoiled enough to sit out on the swings and soak in the sun for as long as my heart desires. One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the tulips! Brick and I decided that we are going to have to plant those cheerful flowers in our new garden because, even though they don't last too long, when those tulips pop up, you know it's SPRINGTIME!
Speaking of our new garden, we finally closed on our house and will be moving in on the 12th of May at the latest. I am going stir-crazy thinking about making the house homey, and all the things I want to adorn the walls with and all that fun stuff, that two-and-a-half weeks seems like an eternity! I even went out and photographed all the tulips to frame them for living room (or baby room, if it's a girl like Brick insists it is!).
I have my 16 week appointment in two days, and I always get a little anxious as my appointments approach, but I'm sure that all is well, especially since my belly seems to be growing (maybe I'll get brave and post the obligatory baby bump pics soon). We will find out the sex of the baby around the end of May!
Now for my embarrassing moment: the other day I was shopping for house decor at a little ma and pop store, and as I was standing in line to make my purchases, I suddenly felt very light-headed and hot. I've fainted five or six times before, so I knew that's what was coming on, and all I could do is sit down on the floor, right there in the store. The ladies at the register looked at me funny, so I told them I was just feeling light headed, and just like a couple of mother hens, they swooped me up, sat me down, and started bringing out all kinds of food and drinks for me. They guessed I was pregnant, and sat down with me to tell me all their war stories, keeping a keen eye on me to make sure I ate everything they sat down in front of me. I was dying to get out of there and, well, die of embarrassment once I was out of their sight, but they wouldn't let me leave until they were sure I was ok. I think my mom would be glad to know I am being taken care of while she's away, but man I must have been bright red in the face. I've been in the store a couple of times since, and they recognize me every time, and call me their "little pregnant girl."
And so it starts.
Anyway, happy springtime everyone, and here are some more of my tulip pictures to get you all in the mood for happy weather (and hopefully help you forget my embarrassing moment).







Cute story. Embarrassing moments are great!
ReplyDeletewow those pictures are great! we are still looking for a house somewhere in Davis county--- pretty stressful! Cant wait to know what you guys are having!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I love those tulip pictures so much and I love your embarrassing moment story even more!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was prego with Madi, this lady in Wally-World came up to me and started feeling my hips. Ummmmm, ok...? Then she tells me that it's strange. I'll bite, what's strange?
ReplyDeleteAll the signs point to boy.
Well, you're a little off there lady, I say. I'm having a girl.
I know, she says. I can tell by your wide hips!
I kinda glared her down and soooo badly wanted to hide my embarrassment with some brillant comeback like "At least I'm pregnant and have a reason for MY wide hips!!" I think I ended up saying something lame like "Hmm. Well that's a nice observation. Thanks for that!"
Love those moments!
And your pictures are beautiful! What kind of camera and lens do you have?