I know this is a little late, but I promised pictures, and we all know that nobody really looks at this blog to read the novels I sometimes tend to get carried away writing! Our last week or two in NYC was perhaps the busiest, and we had no qualms about leaving the city because we definately felt like we took advantage of the food amazing sites and food, not to mention the fact that Madison Square Garden was right down the street the whole time.
One of my favorite places in the city was Little Italy (when the weather was right), where we ate the best Italian food we could ever imagine. Seriously, HEAVEN. This particular night, the weather was beautiful, and so I met Brick at his work and we walked until we ended up finding Little Italy. The streets were lined with lights, vendors were displaying their scarves and sunglasses, and the restaurants had their fronts openned up to the sidewalks so that the conversations and the smell of food filled the streets. It was one of those nights that you wish you could take with you and remember every little thing. Really, though, I mostly just wish I could take that restaurant with me back to Utah.
The most beautiful parts of the city, as gloomy as it sounds, were the cemeteries. All the cathedrals had these old cemeteries where the graves were so crowded and so old that the names were worn off the headstones. There was something really entriguing about them, and I always had to stop for a few moments to admire them.
A week or so before we left the city we were blessed with a beautiful SUNNY day, and we took advantage of it by going to the boardwalk on Coney Island. If I had to vote, this would be my favorite place we visited while in NY, but that may just have been my homesickness coming out. It was the first place we went since being in the city where you could see and feel the sunshine coming from all directions, and the openness was so refreshing!

One really funny part of Coney Island was the "Shoot the Freak" show. The freak was on vacation, I guess, because we couldn't see him anywhere, but the sign was really funny so we took a picture.On one of our last nights in NYC, Brick brought me home a bouquet of flowers just for the heck of it. He's so funny, because he refuses to get flowers when I expect them, like Valentine's Day, because he says they mean more when they are a surprise. Such a romantic.


No comments:
Post a Comment