Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What have we gotten ourselves into?

Our new ward is full of pregnant women. There are seven due by October. And babies. Lots and lots of babies. When I had family visiting one Sunday they could not believe the noise. It gets so loud that it sometimes becomes difficult to pay attention. This is my excuse for the following drawing Brick and I came up with this last sabbath day while "listening" in sacrament meeting:

This is what we decided our baby will look like, after 7 1/2 months of dreaming about his perfection. Attractive, huh? I came up with the double chin, smile and eyes. Brick came up with the nose, ears, tongue, curlycue and nike headband. You can tell he wants a basketball player and I just want a happy michelin baby. We are full of high expectations for our little man.
In the meantime, as we are drawing this masterpiece, imagining the joy of parenthood, the toddler in the pew ahead of us turns around and grins. I think, "oh, how cute, he wants to play!" So I smile back, wave, and touch his chubby little hands.
He rears back and spits at me, a big slimy one that dribbles from my knee to my ankle, because I don't dodge out of the way fast enough. The whole ward sees me try, and the rest of the day I get comments about how all babies aren't that bad. His poor mama.
Wait, what am I thinking? THIS poor mama.
I'm not sure I'm ready to raise a boy.

1 comment:

  1. I have survived TWO girls and I have heard from EVERYONE who has both that boys are WAAAAY easier! So if I can do it, you can definitely do it! I mean, you have your mom in you and she's an angel. Good luck sis!

    ReplyDelete