Sunday, September 27, 2009

September in a Nutshell



So it's come to this...a check off of what we did this month. As is probably obvious, my postings have drastically decreased since school started. So here is a recap of the month of September:
Brick soaking up the last bit of sun before the colder weather hits full force. I love this picture because he looks so relaxed!

Brick's brother blessed his baby last Thursday. Isn't River Anna a cutie? She is such a calm baby, hardly ever making a peep and smiling anytime you glance her way.

On our drive to the family cabin this last Saturday we drove past a hill that had literally hundreds of sheep. Nearby there was a horse tethered to a bush, and the shepherd stood among his flock. It looked like it ws right out of a story book.
I love Fall! Every time it comes along I am convinced it is my favorite season. All the beautiful changing leaves, and "all you need is a light sweater." I must say that Utah really has Arizona beat as far as the different Fall colors go.
Anyway, after driving for a while, Brick and I walked the last half mile to the cabin, and were amazed at the gorgeous fall colors, which were so bright in some places that they almost seemed to glow. Brick and I stopped at one especially incredible point to mention that it took our breath away and made us think about how much Heavenly Father has blessed us with.
Now this one will require a little more explanation. The Flammers have a crazy tradition of "running th falls" up at their cabin. While it's such a beautiful place, it's hard to enjoy the surroundings while in in the water, what with the stinging nettle, the almost freezing temperature of the water, the allergies, numb limbs, and the mud.

So the tradition is that whenever someone wants to enter the Flammer family, they have to participate in the innitiation of running the falls. I did it when Brick and I were dating. When we went it was the middle of summer, and it was still numbingly cold. I opted out this last Saturday, but I can't imagine how cold it was in the Fall. Burg's husband Trevor didn't get so lucky to miss the run this time, and experienced full initiation.

The Flam Fam

I married a little boy.

I sure love this guy.

P.S. Here is Brick thinking he is super cool (which he IS, just so you know)....

3 comments:

  1. Can I just say I love you? And I love you even more with that man of yours! Beautiful Pics by the way! -I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun month! Those pictures are so pretty, makes me want to live somewhere with seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, Candice, Those pictures are amazing!!! I'm totally going to copy you, so when you see pics on my blog of the same things, just know that I mean it as a compliment :) :) Wowza. They're truly spectacular pictures!!

    ReplyDelete