Brick and I met by pure chance. I was working for the summer in Utah, after changing my plans to go to D.C. last minute because I felt like I should go to SLC. My first sunday there I went to church at the institute, where I took one look in the chapel where my new ward was supposed to meet, and decided to cross the building and go to a different ward on a hunch. Brick was visiting the ward just that one time at the urging of a neighbor who said if Brick went he would meet his future wife there. We were both at the wrong church at the right time, and the moment I saw him walk in the room I hoped he would sit by me. He looked so handsome in his dark green suit, and held himself like a person who knew exactly who he was, and I could tell he was different, in a very big way, from any man I had ever met. He and his friend, Tyler, walked across the room and Brick asked if the seat beside me was taken. Of course it wasn't! And if it had been I would have lied, because I desperately wanted him to sit by me. He asked if he could use my pen, which I later found out he used to write a note to Tyler which said,
On our second date, Brick held my hand and we walked the streets of downtown Salt Lake in the rain. We said hello to every person we passed, danced on the street corner, and splashed in the puddles. I began to fall in-love.



"I Love Her!"
On our second date, Brick held my hand and we walked the streets of downtown Salt Lake in the rain. We said hello to every person we passed, danced on the street corner, and splashed in the puddles. I began to fall in-love.
Around our fourth date Brick stopped by my work in his fed-ex uniform to "make a special delivery"...a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a note that told me he thought I was beautiful and he appreciated my friendship. He took that "friendship" thirty more dates, when he finally decided we could be more than just friends and kissed me--in the rain under the most gorgeous fireworks I had ever seen. It was perfect.
Brick revealed his romantic side once again last night as he treated me to a night on the town. It was such a great reminder of why I love that guy! The night started with a walk through Gardner Village, where we saw all the elf decorations and stopped in at Sweet Afton's for fudge, then Santa's Workshop to look at Christmas ornaments. After that Brick took me to eat at the Mayan, where we saw the diving show and ate great food. After dinner he took me down town and we walked around looking at Christmas lights and decorations and enjoyed the light snow.We ended the night by watching "A Christmas Story," while drinking hot cocoa. Before we went to bed, Brick surprised me by taking out one last gift--a pearl jewelry set he saved since our vacation to Hawaii, where he had very sneakily bought it and saved it for half a year until our anniversary.
Isn't he romantic?


OK, this was a TRUE love story. and you are a GREAT writer! i can't believe he kept those pearls a secret for half a year! what a sweet boy! thinking ahead! You guys sounds like you are perfectly in love!
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO BRICK!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful love story. I absolutely love it!!! You two are a match made in Heaven.
ReplyDelete