

These are the three plays we went to see on Broadway this week. It's almost sickening how much talent we experienced in three nights. Their voices were INCREDIBLE! The first one we went to, In the Heights, featured Corbin Bleau, for all you Highschool Musical fans out there, and he did a great job. Memphis was about the first Rock and Roll music, and Rock of Ages, featuring American Idol's Constantine, and boy can he ROCK! I loved the music in that one, because I LOVE THE 80's!





This is the set for In the Heights. I wouldn't advise taking pictures inside the Broadway theaters. You get in trouble. But sometimes you gotta take risks, right?

Brick's fam was visiting because our brother-in-law, Trevor, who jumps for BYU had a trackmeet here. He took third and jumped 6' 8 and a quarter. It was awesome being able to see him jump, and then party with them the rest of the time!

This is a restaraunt called Ellen's Stardust Cafe. The waiters and waitresses are all aspiring Broadway stars, and they perform while they wait tables! They are all fantastic singers, and the cafe has a 50's feel to it. So fun!

The museum of the week was the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Yes, mom, we saw works by Remrandt, Van Gogh, and many other famous painters. I know the artist in you is dying to go, and I hope some day you can!

There was also an Egyptian exhibit, which was my favorite. Above are the sandals and finger and toe covers, made of gold, which they adorn their royalty in for burial. Tracy Jordan in 30 Rock isn't the only person who owns a pair of golden shoes, I guess.

All the mummies were fascinating, especially when you consider how old they are and how well preserved they are!


Another New York specialty: Dog Walkers! This cracked my up! Each person had about nine dogs they were walking!
Last but not least, we saw these dancers on the subway train on our way to a show. They dance and then ask for money. They were pretty good, especially considering that the train was jolting right and left and stopping suddenly while they danced!
No comments:
Post a Comment