I have been an aunt since I was 8 years old. I remember how exciting it was the first time one of my nephews said my name: "Aunt Tandice!" Wow, was I a proud little nina. My older siblings always told me that because they had to babysit me when I was little, that they had the right to recruit me as their babysitter as much as need be...And they really took advantage of that! Considering that I have: 8 siblings, who each have from
2 to 4 kiddos = 7 nieces & 17 nephews, they have kept me busy for the last thirteen and a half years. But I really enjoyed it, as it is really rewarding. And now that I am married, it is especially fun to see how much those kids love my husband, and vice versa.
This weekend we were able to baby sit once again, and the guinea pigs were 2-year-old McKenna and baby Cooper. They are so much fun, and I think that in that little girl I have a competitor for Brick's #1 fan. Man does she adore him. But I adore him more.
But maybe not. It's a toss-up.
A NOTE: Brick is starting to tease me about how much I blog. I admit, it is beginning to be an obsession, and the funny thing is, it took me a long time to get my own blog because I didn't think I had an interesting enough life. Well, that still might be the case, but I do enjoy my life nonetheless, so whether or not anyone else does as well, I will continue writing about it.


i love being an aunt too!!! and i also have competition for dave with my nieces - but i always win!
ReplyDeleteand don't let brick bother you! tell him your doing your family history work - recording things! and at the end of the year, you can have your blog bound into a book. even dave will admit know that he is grateful for our blog because it has SO MANY of our memories on it. besides, i take a lot more pictures now just in case i want to blog about it...
I love your blog! You have great posts! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteFat baby! Can't wait to SQUEEZE HIM in October!
ReplyDeleteYou tell Brick to stop teasing you!!! I LOVE reading about your life...and I was actually thinking that I wish you'd post MORE!! I can relate to your "Aunt Tandice" feelings. Your husband was one of the cute nephews I got to play with!!! I still remember my favorite thing to do with Brick when he was a baby was lay him on his tummy and make him lift up his head. All the adorable baby fat in his face would hang down to his chin in the CUTEST way I've ever seen. Seriously. I think I have pics of him like that. You gotta see them. He was the CUTEST baby!!!
ReplyDelete