Well, the wisdom teeth are finally out.
I had one chance in high school to have it done, when my dad so lovingly suggested we cross the border to Mexico where they do it cheap. Seriously, Dad? Seriously? I said no thanks
(of course!), but the last three months they started hurting so badly that I even started regretting that decision. Yeah, they hurt THAT bad.
Thankfully it never came to a trip across the border, because, as I mentioned earlier, we finally got insurance. School starts up again next week,
so I went ahead and got all four of them out.
WHAT A WACKY EXPERIENCE!
I go into the operating room, sit down, they stick an IV in my arm, I make a comment about how much I LOVE the James Christensen painting on the wall (Who wouldn't?), and then I'm waking up to a BLURRY James Christensen painting on the wall while trying to spit out the bloody gauze in my mouth. I didn't even know the IV was the anesthesia! Then I vaguely remember walking into another room, but nothing, NOTHING else. I've never been put out before, but,
WEIRD!
Did I mention how fun the blood and drooling is?
Or the numb tongue that feels like a foreign object in my mouth that gets in the way every time I try to swallow?
Or the PAIN? OH, THE PAIN!
Ok, I admit, I am fishing for sympathy, as I pretend I'm the only one who has ever had their wisdom teeth out.
However, I still wouldn't mind a smoothie or icecream, or homemade soup...(Hint, Hint)
By the way, I apologize for any weirdness or bad spelling. I'm doped up.
Now THAT is fun.


Oh how I wish I were there to give you soup! I hope everything heals up quickly and then you can finally enjoy having those cursed teeth out of your mouth! I love you!
ReplyDeleteLove the James Christensen Picture by the way!
...thats about what I look like on a bycicle.
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! Aren't you glad it's all done? Hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDelete