I talked to my sister today. What a special woman she is! And what a special thing to have someone in your life who, every time you call her shouts (with a smile in her voice) "Hello!" and you can tell she is happy to talk to you, sometimes for hours, despite the fact that that someone happens to be a busy mother of four and most certainly doesn't have the time. She is true to her namesake, Queen Esther, and one of the best people I know in the whole world.
There are some things in my life that constantly manifest to me that my Heavenly Father knows me. ME. Not so special, not so amazing me, right down to the center of my heart. The first and foremost thing that comes to mind is the man He sent me when no one else would do.
The second thing, and the reason I am writing this post is my sister. Esther is the person most like me I know, and yet a better, nicer version. And when I feel down, or wronged, or happy, or excited, she is just the one I want to tell. She feels the same things I do, gets sad over the same mean comments from rude people (and we look just alike, so she and I receivet similarly mean comments), and excited over the same recipes. So, like I said, I called her today and, true to form, she answered with the smile in her voice that tells me I was just the person she wanted to talk to. What is especially amazing about that "smiling" voice is the fact that she just lost her wonderful father-in-law (Yesterday!). And yet she remains ever cheerful and strong, showing me yet again how much better I can be. One might think to tell her that she has a right to mourn, that it is natural, and that cheerfulness is not (which might sometimes be true). Yet the reason she is the way she is at such a hard time is even more natural and inspiring. As I asked her how she is doing, she said, "Better" and "Calm." She then went on to talk about the peace she felt as she told her four children they would see their beloved granddad again. So add faith to those things she teaches me. Then she says, "I missed you this week." My first reaction to this is a feeling of honor. In her time of need she wants me? And then I think, "That is what sisters are for." It makes sense. When you have to be strong all day for your children (and husband), call a sister.


Hold on...I need to get a Kleenex. Okay, that's better...I love this post. It speaks true to anyone's heart who has ever had a SISTER!
ReplyDeleteCandice! I didn't know you blogged. I'm glad I found it. Thanks for coming to my shower Saturday! It was fun to see you.
ReplyDeleteIf only you knew what a strength you are to me!No one can lift my spirits quite like my sister can! love you so much Candio!
ReplyDelete