Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wash Day



I just wanted to take a minute to say how grateful I am for the life of ease, safety and opportunity that we enjoy. My parents are on a mission in the Philipines, and my dad sent me this picture of a Philipino woman doing wash in an irrigation ditch. How many times have I complained about having to do laundry...the tedium of switching it from washer to dryer, then the endless task of folding one pair of underwear after another...I think I will complain less often. I could say I won't complain anymore, but then I would just be lying to myself. Isn't that the story of our lives? We get so used to how easy life is, then we forget that there are those out there that do not enjoy the same ease, and complain when we face the most minor obstacles. And to take it even further, how many times do we forget, as we do the seemingly mundane tasks allotted us as housewives, that we are lucky to be women in today's world. Sorry, I realize this is getting a little preachy, but I'm not preaching to anyone but myself.
I may eat my words later when Brick reads this post and tells me to go do the laundry...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, Ya. Perhaps I should rethink my complaints about laundry on my recent blog post. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete