Saturday, June 27, 2009

No Habla Espanol

HoLA. This is about the extent to which my Spanish goes, which is very unfortunate, considering the fact that I just started my fourth college Spanish course on Thursday. I'm not sure I have ever experienced anything more frustrating than hearing an instructor ask me a question (in Spanish, of course), and asking her to explain what she just asked (because I DONT UNDERSTAND SPANISH), and her ANSWERING in (yes, you guessed it!) SPANISH!
It is also very humbling to sit in a class full of almost fluent Spanish speaking classmates and be the only one who doesn't laugh when a joke is told because you don't know it's a joke because...YOU DON'T KNOW SPANISH. You probably get the point by now, so the only thing left to tell you is that I am seeking a look-alike who I can pay to go to class and take the tests for me. The only other reqiurement is that YOU SPEAK SPANISH.
Once, a little over a year ago, I started to get the hang of the stuff. Here's how it worked: Brick promised me he would do anything, I mean ANYTHING I asked him to do, as long as I commanded him in Spanish. I took advantage of that (who wouldn't?), and learned the command form of things, and words such as "laundry," "back rub," and "dishes," but soon our house was spick and span and there was nothing left to command him. The language quickly slipped away.
Now I am in trouble.

3 comments:

  1. LOL....that is so funny! What a great idea to help you learn the language more and get something out of it! I think I'm going to try this with Tra'!!! I don't see how successful it will be though! haha :o) Good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu hablas espanol muy bien! (And that's all I can say - and I don't even know if that makes sense - and I took lots of college Spanish too!) I remember how hard those Spanish classes are. My hardest teacher was Japanese, so not only would she speak only in Spanish, she spoke it with a Japanese accent...VERY confusing! But I loved trying to learn it anyways. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever boy, that Brickton! If you don't know of any other chores for him, can I give you a list of things that need to be done at my house? The list is soooo long, I'm sure you would have the language down in two weeks tops!

    ReplyDelete