
Someone told me the other day that women are wired to multi-task and men aren't, plain and simple. I've noticed this since I've been married, as this theory has proven itself to be true time and time again when it comes to sports. This is unfortunate, because the hubby is fanatical about sports and has to watch ALL big football and basketball games (Women, am I the only one who has noticed that there seems to be a "big game" on every single night?). And when he plops himself down in front of that TV he enters some man zone from which nothing in the universe, be it a natural disaster or the telephone ringing, can disturb him. It's like he's in a tunnel where nothing else exists except that game. All conversation is banned from this tunnel, or maybe not so much banned as is just unable to sustain itself for lack of support. And as my cartoon shows, I could say anything, ANYTHING, and it would not phase him...Honey, I'm pregnant, HONEY, I spent $500 dollars today at the mall, HONEY! MY MOTHER IS COMING TO LIVE WITH US. Nope, nothing (By the way, for all my over-eager siblings, I am not pregnant).


pwahahaaaahhhhhaaaahaaaha (That's the sound of me laughing like crazy.) Too funny, and TO true! We missed you last night!
ReplyDeleteYES!! I just tell Jocelyn that if she wants to talk to Dad when he is reading or watching TV she has to stand in front of him and say his name (but at least he listens at that point). Definitely a guy thing!
ReplyDeleteOh it is soooo true!!!!! I swear a man's head would explode if he tried to multi-task, and frankly I don't want to be the one to clean up the mess lol!!!!!
ReplyDelete