Monday, July 20, 2009

Romance at the Drive-In

It had been about three years since I went to a drive-in, before I was married. The last time I went, it was when Brick and I had just started dating. He hadn't even kissed me yet, and the other couple we were with kinda needed the car...so we sat outside on lawn chairs and enjoyed some weird cartoon. I won't lie, I was hoping for a little smooch. We had been on about fifteen dates and still, nothin'! I was starting to think about making the move myself, when, SpLaT! a big ol' raindrop landed on my nose. Then another, and another, until we found ourselves enjoying that drive-in movie in the pouring rain. One would think, rain, movie...what more appropriate time for a romantic smakaroo? Well, I guess Brick didn't think it was the right time yet, so we got soaked through to the skin for nothing, while the other couple steamed up the car (ok, in their defense, they weren't really getting steamy, and we had taken turns with the car, only Brick's and my turn was a little less productive during the previous movie...).
This time around we enjoyed the movie in the comfort of a warm car, and we popped up about four batches of popcorn, brought twizzlers and drinks, and made the best of the movie. Burgs and Trevor came, too, and it was a full-out party, minus the rain and suspense.

I even got big ol' smooch.






3 comments:

  1. what a cute story:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally got your kiss! Those Flammer boys take FOREVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww...too cute! (And I can't believe Brick took so long to kiss you!! I guess that goes to show how much he REALLY liked you :)

    ReplyDelete