We spent the 3rd with some friends watching fireworks and enjoying great food, and it was romantic to remember our dating days when Brick kissed me for the first time under the 4th of July Fireworks.
On the 4th we made the drive down to Provo to help Brick's sister work at Stadium of Fire. We volunteered as VIP ushers...
...so we were down on the grass with a clear view of Shedaisy and the Jonas Brothers (Can I get a WHoo Hoo??!!! Yeah, we were stoked)
It was seriously incredible to hear the craze these little guys have created among teenage girls. There was crying and screaming and mass hysteria as they appeared on stage. All they had to do was smile and it started up again. Brick and I were reminded of the stories about Elvis and the Beatles, and the craze they also created. No man should hold that much power, I say, let alone three teenage boys.
Glen Beck paid a beautiful tribute to our great country, and we said goodbye to a flag which was then retired and burned. Throughout that ceremony the stadium remained in a reverent and respectful hush, giving me goosebumps and making me proud to be an American. As the soldiers passed carrying the massive flag in their arms, I felt extremely grateful. I couldn't help but think of my grandpa, a WWII veteran, and his wife who suffered through months of not knowing whether he was dead or alive as he was first MIA and then POW. I know that there are many out there even now whose trial in life is to suffer for our country the way my grandparents did, and I can only say Thank You, and then do my part to make this country a better place. It was a very special experience, one I wish everyone could have shared.
God Bless America!


glad you guys had a great 4th:)
ReplyDeleteare you guys really the "Flammers" as in FLA-mers? If so i feel a rare bond...we are the "Dikes"
ReplyDeleteif not, our last name sucks and yours is fine ;)
If you want a feed update for my blog in your side bar just re-input the URL as http://teamboo2000.blogspot.com/atom.xml
and thanks for reading!....you guys are adorable ;)