Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You'll shoot the moon, put out the sun...


...When you love someone.


I have to remember this line (I love Brian Adam's smoky voice and wisdom!). When I was growing up I liked to think that, with all my amazing big brothers to observe and learn from, I would be a pro at spotting a winner...someone I could trust and love and share every little piece of sunshine, and sadness, with. I figured if I could take a pinch of patience from one brother and a tad of humor from another, (and I could go on and on...7 brothers), I could make the perfect man. Well, I was right, I spotted that person I had imagined in my little-girl mind, but now I find that I have to constantly remind myself to be that same kind of person, otherwise I won't deserve the man I created in my mind and then searched the world (ok, or the south west) for! Some days I wake up to breakfast in bed, or even just a sweet cuddle before the day starts, and I think, "Wow, am I lucky." Yet it doesn't take me five minutes to start picking him apart. He tells me when I start acting like that he asks himself, "Is my wife hungry, or tired, or hungry?" Usually he is right on the dot, but it's no excuse, no matter how bad a day I'm having. And my days really aren't ever THAT bad. When we were married, I had three words engraved in the inside of his ring, "Come what may." So far, much more good than bad has come my way than I could have ever asked for, and mostly that's thanks to him.
After all that rambling, I guess I should explain that I am feeling a little bit of writer's remorse for my last post. So, this is a tribute to all I love about my honey, which goes to explain
the cheesiness...but if you are anything like me, you LOVE cheese. You think cheese is one of the best things in the whole world. Well, you'll get you're fill here.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! we miss you lots! Don't worry, I'm married to a little boy too... he has taught Quintin to say poop butt when he goes potty... silly boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love Brick too. At least I love him for my sister. Thanks Brick for taking care of her for me. Us women can be pretty hard to figure out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete